Thursday, July 31, 2008

Today...

Here are twenty four things that have happened in the last 24 hours:

1. I finished packing for my flight to Knoxville, TN (around 9:30 PM).
2. Went to bed earlier than any other night this summer- 10:30.
3. Didn't sleep a wink because I was anticipating/excited about seeing Wade today for the first time in 10 weeks!
4. Woke up at 5:00 AM to go to the airport for my flight. That is WAY too early to be getting up!
5. Boarded the smallest plane I have ever been on. I think it holds only 30 people!
6. The plane's air conditioner broke as we were waiting in line for the runway.
7. We had to go back to the gate and get off the plane.
8. We waited. For some reason my toe started to bleed (from a previous shaving mishap)and I had to go buy a band aid at the airport store.
9. I offended the cashier because I said her accent sounded kind of like a Kenyan's...she was from Liberia...
10. Found out the flight had been completely canceled. WHAT the mother?!
11. Had to wait in line to see about catching a later flight.
12. Was told I had to wait until tomorrow, or catch a flight into Knoxville later tonight during a possible storm...
13. Decided (with the help of Wade, his family, and my mom) that it would be better just not to go to Tennessee after all.
14. Instead, chose to apply my ticket to go to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania next Monday to visit Wade and his family in their home state- yay for still getting to meet everybody and also being able to stay longer!
15. Had to quickly request my baggage to be sent back to me, becaue it was about to leave for Knoxville without me! And a girl just can't go without her make-up!
16. Worked with Mr. Lucas at the ticketing counter and got my ticket to Pennsylvania with no extra cost! Thank you, Lord!
17. Was picked up by my dad at the airport approximately 4 1/2 hours after I was first dropped off by my mom.
18. Ate lunch with my parents and my pastor and his wife at Busy Bee.
19. Teared up with laughter at lunch, due to both a hilarious (and random!) conversation about PASSING GAS and being delerious from sleep deprivation.
20. Took a 2 hour and fifteen minute nap to try and get some zzzz's.
21. Cuddled with Moses. Awe...sweet kitty.
22. Picked up Chicken Express for dinner. YUM-E!
23. Watched a show on Animal Planet about animal attacks and became even more concerned about the mountain lion population that supposedly lives in my neighborhood.
24. Talked to Wade, and we decided it was good I didn't end up coming tonight because it's storming pretty heavily there right now!

ALL that to say- everything happens for a reason. I am no longer going to Tennessee, but I will be able to see Wade in a couple of days and for a longer amount of time. So, I am really excited and can't wait to be in Pennsylvania! I think it all worked out for the best in the end. Soon I will post pictures of PA, not TN!

2 comments:

Kellybird said...

i'm telling you. you need to find john and kate plus 8. they are celebrities... maybe you'll see them at the hershey thing...

Yankee Cowboy said...

all of that drama...what a day! I can't wait to see you on monday and I am jealous that you had to settle for moses instead of me. and I love the "what the mother" line.