Sunday, September 18, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Overwhelm Me - Michael Bleecker
Take not thy presence from me
For I desire to know you more
For you are worthy of all
You’re worthy of all I am and more
I need to set my mind on things above
On the holiness and glory of my God
In the heavens and in my heart
Who created a mountain
And who set a spark that grew into a flame
That burns deeply for you
Overwhelm me, take me from this place and
Put me in the place where You are
Overwhelm me, shake the ground I stand on
I want to be dependent on you…
I don't actually know if this song was written by Michael Bleeker or if it has another history. But lately I have been listening to this song a lot. I especially love the first line that says "Take not thy presence from me". And when it says "take me from this place, and put me in the place where you are". That line reflects my recent prayer...for the Lord to take me out of my selfish tendencies and remind me that I am wholly HIS. I am not my own. My life is His and without Him I am nothing. I am praying that I would constantly be reminded of this. However, I will admit that the last line kind of scares me a bit. "Shake the ground I stand on, I want to be dependent on you". It's hard to ask the Lord to shake the ground I'm on. I kind of like where I'm at...I don't like change much and I like being comfortable. But I do know that if life were always a cake walk and never had challenges, we would forget our need for Him and for the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. The "earthquakes" of life turn us back to Him. So even though those harder times of life are tough and painful, I am thankful in the end that they turn my focus back on to Him and remind me that I NEED Him. I cannot do life on my own.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Beautiful day at the beach!
Our current bedroom...please excuse the mess, but it is very small.
My favorite part of our new home, the teeny tiny shower. :)
I know this has nothing to do with WHERE we live, but here are my V-day flowers from Wade! Didn't he do a great job!!! A week later and they still look awesome!
Lastly, the living room/kitchen.
At least we have a place to live and spend time together every day! :)
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Monday, August 10, 2009
1) Wrapped up the school year. I'm actually going to miss all of my students. You know, I think sometimes teachers bond more with students who they have a lot of problems with...
2) My friend from college, Brandi came to Dallas to visit me!!!
3) Left Dallas and flew to Amsterdam alone! My first time going alone internationally! It really wasn't a big deal...I think I could do it again no problem.
4) Landed with Wade in Nairobi, Kenya. It was so great being back there!
5) Watched a lot of ER episodes with Wade's mom and sister. It reminded me of how much I used to love that show!
1) Spent time being the only girl with the Kreamer guys. It wasn't too bad...they let me pick a chick flick one night...and I chose P.S. I Love You! It doesn't get much girlier than that one! :)
2) Watch season 3 of King of Queens...best show ever!
3) Took Brenda, Belis, and Mitchiel to church and lunch one Sunday. They were hilarious!
4) Went to Turtle Bay in Malindi, Kenya and saw the Indian Ocean, coral reef, wild and out of control eels, got henna, got a little bit of a tan, had the best beach experience in my life. It was truly amazing and beautiful. I want to go back as soon as possible! :)
5) Flew back to Dallas, feeling very sad to leave Kenya and Wade.
Now, some big things that are coming up!!!
1) Start off the school year the right way...
2) My cousin Rebecca's wedding in College Station!
3) Moving Kelly to the apartment next door to her current apartment...haha :)
4) My ex-roomie Brooke's wedding!!! So excited about that!
5) Wade coming to Texas! Yay!!!