Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time Keeps a Movin'

I don't know how this happens, but it seems like I lose track of time and don't end up blogging as much as I should (or would like to!). A LOT has happened since my last post- most importantly we moved to South Carolina! We love being here..but it is a very small town and no malls are nearby. This, of course, is good for the wallet but bad for the retail therapy a girl needs every now and then. Outlets are only about 40 minutes away- but I have a love hate relationship with those.

Anyway, we have great neighbors and live in an awesome house. We couldn't be happier with our set up here. We got a puppy and named him Moose. He is a German Shorthaired Pointer and he thinks he is boss of this house. And if I were to be honest with myself, I would admit he pretty much is. Wade has been gone for the month of September for a training, and this has been our first experience with detachment since getting hitched. We've done really well handling the two or three hour time difference (depends on where I am!). He is so wonderful at trying to communicate with me as much as he can and I couldn't have asked for a better man. You (and Wade) will be happy to know that I've also managed to kill TWO huge waterbugs (or FLYING/superfast roaches) all by myself. Well, Moose attacked one and it may or may not have been mostly dead before I finished him off with Raid.

This last week has been blur because I got back on Monday from a 12 day trip to Dallas, had an interview for a teaching position on Wednesday morning, and then found out I got the job late Friday. This is great news!!! I am so excited to get back in to the classroom with my own students and see how much they progress throughout the year. All that to say this weekend I went to do shopping for all my classroom supplies. Now I have to work really fast to set everything up and then get in there and get to know my kids!

Things I'm looking forward to: Wade coming home (7 days to go!!!), Halloween (maybe we could have a party???), Thanksgiving in TEXAS, Gulf Shores with the Kemp fam and Wade's first trip there with us, getting a fence for the dog with my first paycheck!!!

I'll try to post pictures of our new house soon!!

No comments: