Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Go 'Round

Here I am, more than a year later trying to resurrect my blog! Mostly this blog will now be to keep those of you in Texas (and anyone else who cares) informed about the happenings in the "Wevan" life adventures. By the way, if you haven't heard- I recently married the love of my life, Wade!

Two weeks ago Wade and I moved to another base, this time in Virginia Beach. We will be here until Wade's training ends and then we will move to a more permanent home in South Carolina! I can't wait to get there and set up our first house. And we even put a deposit down for a puppy!!! We decided to go with the German Shorthaired Pointer. This is a breed we have been researching for probably more than a year. They are very active and love the water, so the pup should fit right in! I think we are going to go for a boy- and we already have a name picked out...MOOSE! Hopefully it will fit his personality, because I LOVE that name!

Basically right now I am a stay at home wife. It was really fun for the first month...but these last two weeks have been a little more rough. I do not have much to do other than laundry, because at this new place we have no kitchen at all. This living arrangement also has a cleaning service...so I can't cook, and I can't clean. Before, those three things kept me fairly busy while Wade was at work...cooking, cleaning, laundry. But now? I only have laundry. SO in an attempt to not get addicted to soap operas and Jerry Springer, I have been running more frequently. I've been talking to Wade's mom about running a half marathon in May. A hug piece of me wants to do this- if I had a Bucket List, completing a half marathon would be on it. But I am a little scared to go for it. What if I get hurt? What if I just can't do it? Will Wade be disappointed in me? (He has run 2 USMC marathons- really fast by the way PLUS at least one half). But another piece of me says now is the time to go for it. I have all the time in the world to TRAIN. If I am going to accomplish this, NOW is the ideal time to do it. Please, if you have ever done a half...suggestions? comments? encouragement???

Another way I have decided to occupy a little more of my time is to volunteer. I found a horse barn nearby that does horse therapy with special needs children. I am so excited to do this! I've heard a lot about this since college and I'm anxious to learn about it and be able to serve however I can. I will keep you posted on how that goes...I start the training program tonight!

4 comments:

Jeffrey N. Fortune II said...

I didn't even know you had a blog! And I definitely didn't know you were out in Virginia beach now. You know, Virginia was my old stomping ground in grad school. I can probably hook you and Wade up with some pretty important people out there.... I just so happen to know the 2nd, 2nd assistant to the mayor's secretary out there! Let me know if you want me to make a call! Anyways keep writing, keep running, and keep perusing God in everything you do Evan!

P.S. - I don't know how I feel about "Wevan" but your in love so I'll let it slide.

- J.Fortune

Anonymous said...

Evan, you can do anything you put your mind to!!! If you want to run a half marathon, I say go for it! And volunteering sounds like a really cool way to spend time as well. Miss you!

King Amy said...

do the marathon! you have the time and motivation!! and training will be more blog material for you!!

Also, i cant wait to hear more about the hippotherapy!!

Unknown said...

You can TOTALLY run a half marathon girl!! Sign up NOW so you can't back out. :) That's what I did. Build your stamina by running twice a day (morning and night) and definitely create a playlist of songs you can listen to as you run. Time flies by when listening to great music while knowing you have a goal to achieve. Yes, you will get tired during your half marathon, but pace yourself. There will be so many people around you motivating you to keep going. Ironically, this song on your blog (Your hand in Mine) and all songs by Saxon Shore that are also just instrumental are my favorites. Runner's high will also be your best friend that day. :) I'm getting excited for you just thinking about it! DO IT! Miss you tons! ~ Kristi